Wednesday 11 August 2010

RAISED BY WOLVES ARTWORK MY ARC Tour

OK, this is a very exciting tour and I'm about to tell you why. Thanks to Quercus Children's books I have been sent two ARC's of Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes to go in a tour. This however is a tour with a difference so let me explain...

Each blogger will be given the opportunity to WRITE in the ARC. And I'm not just talking a message in the front, I'm talking about writing ANYTHING, ANYWHERE and in ANY format. It can be inside the book or you can attach post it notes and postcards. The notes can relate to specific lines in the book, any specific note to Jennifer or something about whatever you're feeling at the time when reading. It doesn't matter what it is. You can circle, underline things, comment in the margin, draw pictures, ANYTHING. Basically, there is no limit to what you can write. Obviously it has to be polite and respectful though, that goes without saying.

The idea is to send two ARC's - one for annotating and one to read incase the annotated one becomes too distracting to read. THEN...and this is the big news... the annotated ARC will be presented to Jennifer at a bloggers party when she comes over to the UK in October. AND YOU COULD BE THERE TO MEET HER!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT! There is no confirmed date as of yet but I will keep you updated.

Quercus have requested that each blogger takes a photograph of the book before and after it leaves them so they can make a document about the book's journey. It will be showcased on the Quercus main blog and reviews will be linked.

So, what do you say guys? Are you in? I sure am! If you're not familiar with the book, check out the GoodReads description here. As always, just leave me a comment with your name and e mailaddress if you want to sign up for this. Also, don't forget to read the rules before participating.

Just to be clear, if you have already read Raised by Wolves YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP to annotate the ARC.

TOUR NOW CLOSED FOR SIGNUPS.

14 comments:

Lyndsey OHalloran said...

omg you know I wanna be in for this! linzeeloulabelle (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

This. sounds. so. awesome.

Sign me up!

Jean, magicbeanreview@gmail.com

Dwayne said...

I already have a copy, I wonder how that'll work for me then? :/

iffath said...

Same as Dwayne, how does that work?

Splendibird said...

What a great idea! Definitely count me in. Although, the photo thing - is it just to be of the covers?

mountainsofinstead@googlemail.com

Claire (Cem) said...

Already read it, but signing up to comment on the book ;)

cem_214(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

Lynsey Newton said...

Doesn't matter if you've already read it, still sign up to annotate the ARC and meet Jennifer!

Dwayne said...

Sure, include me in the annotating copy tour :D

Sarah said...

OK I've already got this one in my TBR pile but this sounds like too much fun to resist joining! I love the idea of annotating it & getting to meet Jennifer :o)

sarahsreivews at ymail dot com

(PS. Lynsey, I sent you an email with my address but I'm not sure if you got it or not - can you drop me an email if it didn't arrive & I'll sent it again?)

Nayuleska said...

This sounds like such a fab idea - definitely count me in!

nayu(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

Caroline said...

Amazing idea!!!
ace_rookie[at]hotmail[dot]com

Vicki said...

I've got my own copy to read but I would LOVE to take part in the annotated tour if I can x (Rhiana-reads@live.com)

Amber Kirk-Ford said...

Wow this sounds great. Please sign me up!

themilelongbook-shelf@hotmail.co.uk

iffath said...

Sign me up Lynsey! I will doodle awayy x

lovereadingx[at]gmail[dot]com